TwitterMania

Saturday, December 13, 2014

High time we kick it in : Time to Rise above Fear!

take-risks-in-life-encouraging-picture
Image source: Fun2video
Fear. It’s a very powerful thing.
Dangerous and Cunning.
But when you decide to overcome it, well nothing can stop you. Can it?
If you do something you fear so much and fall flat on your face, worst-case scenario, how long will it take you to recover? The answer to that my dear is probably less than you expect. How hard would it really be to find something else and get over it? Chances are you could recover completely in a couple of months. But trust me it has not taken more than a few months. Why fear when you know it won’t hurt much? Why regret later when you could do it today and now?! Is the fear of a few rough months strong enough to keep you in a mediocre situation indefinitely?
Take for example my life, I was scared when I was a child , as I grew up I am thankful to my parents, mentors and teachers to have supported and encouraged to take the en route to risking and claiming the victorious path. It was while growing up , at my school, in college I learnt to let go of the fear afterall how much would take it from my part, a little or everything of the risk.
Some of the few instances where I conquered the fear factor by taking the risk where:
Public speaking : I am an introvert and public speaking doesn’t come easily to an introvert, but then I have always been a firm believer in taking the risks so when my college announced extra curriculum activities beginning as a new syllabus I had to give it a try ! The risks were many, given the thing even my best friend advised me to not take part in the JAM (Just a minute) activity because she feared I would lose face when I wouldn’t talk in front of a crowd, but I had enough and I actually took it up as a challenge , the first time I did get nervous and couldn’t get even a few words out but that was a very long time back. I am thankful to myself that I actually gave myself a chance from that day I haven’t turned back I started participating in every public speaking event, interacting with the debaters and now I am proud enough to say I could earn a living by speaking in public, No really :D
Fear of reactions of others: This was biggest fear s of all ! Every time I decided to do something I would think of all those reactions people would throw in my way after which I would turn on my heal and run away. And then there came those inspirational books and movies, I regained my confidence back and since then I have never looked back!
I think I simply acknowledged my fears and went anyway.
Its like one day you get up and you have your EUREKA moment. the same way I realized that if I didn’t try, I would fail for sure.
Fear while Shopping: Shopping is one thing we women love but hey what if it goes wrong ? Yes it leaves us devastated ! I have always been a shopaholic but long before I used to crib when asked to go shopping (I can’t believe it myself but I did haha) reason? well what f the dress I bought costs way too much? what if nobody ;liked it? what if it did not look good on me? what if it goes on sale after a few months, what if what WHAT IF ! That ! And then one day I decide to hell with What if’s! has it paid off? Like hell yeah ! Now everything I buy , I buy with confidence and the compliments , well they just keep doubling ;’)
On the other hand, fear can prevent us from doing things that would be great for us – if we could only figure out a way to face and overcome those fears.
Not to forget all those books and movies which also inspired me to take the big ‘R’isky leap :D But lately it’s the  new Dew film Rise Above Fear is superb! It has Nagarjuna Akkineni’s son Akhil Akkineni facing his fears!
The video is simply wow. Mountain Dew has done an absolutely fantastic job! Boldness and dauntlessness just got a new name!The peak of daring has reached a new height!This is so inspiring ! Excellent performance by Akhil !
Stay connected with Mountain Dew on Facebook here.
Enjoy your life and don’t forget to face your fears by rising above them !